No, we do not take insurance of any kind- this includes Medicare and Medicaid. However, we recommend that you have some type of catastrophic insurance plan for the services outside of our primary care such as specialized labs, imaging, vaccinations, medications and hospitalizations. We are not an insurance company. We have Medicare patients sign a waiver every 2 years to satisfy the requirement that Sistascope nor the patient will directly bill Medicare for our “in clinic” services. Your Medicare coverage is still good for medical care received outside our practice as well as tests, labs and medications ordered by our office.
In direct primary care, this allows us to focus on patient care alone without the administrative burdens of insurance companies. We are able to educate and give the patient more time by eliminating needless clerical chores. We are able to spend visit time on what you actually came to discuss – giving you a truly personalized experience. We are also able to offer extended visit time and more availability via technology. We want you to feel like a part of our family and not a number/commodity. By not taking insurance, we are able to offer you more care at a lower price, including access to labs and commonly prescribed medications at greatly reduced prices.
Yes. Please register and enroll. However, you may have problems with pricey medical bills for specialized test/ labs, hospitalizations and/ or medications should you develop or have any complicated medical problems. We highly recommend some type of medical insurance coverage for catastrophic events.
Yes, we will limit the practice to about 200-250 patients so that patients are seen in a timely manner. It is very important for us to be available at the time of need for our patients. Once capped, we will start a waiting list and as openings become available, we will contact you regarding membership. If the waiting list continues to grow, we may make plans to add a physician and expand.
If you are hospitalized, we will work closely with your hospital team to assist with your care. We are also available to the provider treating you at the hospital for personal conversations. We will arrange for an office visit within 1 week after you are discharged from the hospital. Your membership at Sistascope does not include services by any other doctors or hospitals, and those costs would have to be paid by you or your insurance company.
with at least one adult membership $60/month
without adult membership $100/month
*2 adults, 2 children ($75/ additional adult, $25/additional child)
One time fees start at $75 per visit. Some visits may include a free follow-up. During your visit, your full cost will be determined and due at the time of the visit.
There is a one-time non-refundable $199 registration fee per household.
After hours and home visits available within a 10-mile radius for a $150 per visit fee
If you decide to cancel, it’s easy, you just let us know. If you decide to rejoin, you will be required to pay the registration fee again.
- Patients are billed on a monthly basis. Membership fees are due on the same day of every month once you sign up. If you would like to wait until a certain date of the month (for example, the 1st or the 15th of the month), please specify this when you sign up.
- There is a one-time registration fee of $199 per household.
- There is no contract. You can cancel at any time if you feel the practice is not the right fit for you. Cancellation must be requested at least 7 days before next billing cycle. However, if you have already paid for the month and have not used any visits, a full refund may be granted.
- Memberships are automatically cancelled 7 days after missed payment. No services will be rendered during non-payment period.
- There are never any co-pays for visits
- Basic lab work is included for routine physicals/ chronic disease management (of non-complicated medical conditions. You will be informed if your condition requires special labs associated with extra cost)
- For certain procedures/immunizations/lab draws there may be a cost. If this is the case, you will be notified ahead of time.
- Telemedicine visits are included with membership, but some complaints will have to be addressed in person.
- Office hours may vary. Urgent messages can be followed up after hours.